The Atlanta Speech School
PRN Occupational Therapist: Clinical Services
Start Date: Immediate availability
The mission of the Atlanta Speech School is to help each person develop his or her full potential through language and literacy. The School is now the nation’s most comprehensive center for language and literacy, with four schools, five clinics, summer programs and a professional development center. Each day extraordinarily dedicated and talented individuals make profound differences in the lives of the children and adults we serve here and across our state in partnership with other organizations. Please visit our website for a closer look at our work: www.atlantaspeechschool.org
The Atlanta Speech School is currently seeking an experienced occupational therapist, with strong communication and clinical skills, to provided services in the Occupational Therapy Clinic as needed. The OT clinic is well designed with state-of-the-art equipment and materials. Clinicians also have access to support staff and a wealth of resources.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF THE JOB
Responsibilities of this position will include managing a private outpatient clinic caseload, together with evaluation and intervention services, collaboration with families, professionals, and educators, and electronic documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree with 8-10 years’ experience or a Master's degree in Occupational Therapy with 3-5 years’ experience
- Current Georgia license, and certification with the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy
- Minimum of 3 years pediatric experience, in a school or clinic-based setting
- An understanding of the interaction between language, learning, sensory processing and neuro-motor development
- Knowledge of or experience working with students with developmental delays, learning disabilities, associated diagnoses like ADHD or Anxiety, and Autism
- The ability to provide an appropriate speech and language model for children with hearing loss who are learning spoken English
- Commitment to professional development
- Knowledge of and willingness to implement statutes, practice standards, and ethical guidelines related to occupational therapy
- An appreciation for working in a collaborative environment with a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to meet established deadlines
- Good interpersonal and problem solving skills
Among the many programs at the Atlanta Speech School, children and adults with hearing loss and language processing difficulties are served. Therefore, the clarity and accuracy of an applicant’s speech and language may be part of the hiring decision as they relate to performing the essential functions of the position.
SALARY: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please provide a resume, certification, and writing sample via e-mail.
Subject line: PRN Occupational Therapist/Clinical Services
Director of Human Resources
The Atlanta Speech School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.