The Atlanta Speech School is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization that depends upon the generosity of donors to support its annual operating expenses, special programs and capital expansion. The School is fortunate that parents, grandparents, Guild members and other friends of the School value the Atlanta Speech School as an asset to the community and an educational resource for the region.
A Legacy of Community Support
Throughout its 78 year history, the Atlanta Speech School has been a community effort.
One of the reasons our organization has been so effective in its service to children and adults is the tremendous volunteer and financial support it has received from parents, past parents, grandparents, faculty and staff, and our many friends. The generosity that is so much a part of the “Speech School family” comes from Atlanta and well beyond our city.
In both small and large gifts of time and financial support, there has been a lasting impact on the Atlanta Speech School and on those we serve. We are truly grateful for this legacy of generosity.
Now more than ever, we will depend upon charitable gifts to sustain the Atlanta Speech School for the immediate future and for generations to come. Support for our mission can come in many forms:
- Gifts to the Annual Fund support our annual operations and our many programs for children and adults.
- Donations specifically for need-based financial aid allow us to serve children without regard to their families’ financial limitations. This year, we will allocate $1.6 million in financial aid to support families in our schools, clinical and summer programs.
- Donations for special projects and capital expansion are critical to our ability to meet our mission. Currently, our capital emphasis is on making campus improvements to reduce energy and overhead costs, as well as upgrading our technology infrastructure.
- Volunteerism brings talents, energies and skills that support our children and staff. Members of the Atlanta Speech School Guild, volunteers from The Junior League of Atlanta, parent volunteers and others are invaluable.
- We are honored by gifts to strengthen our endowment. These are often made through bequests and other thoughtful financial planning through The 1938 Circle. Others have shown leadership by establishing Named Endowment Funds. All are critical to helping ensure the organization’s long-term financial stability.
We thank all who are supportive of the Atlanta Speech School’s mission and those who laid the foundation through their generosity. You have helped to grow this beloved Atlanta institution.
|Board of Directors