The Atlanta Speech School
Position: Substitute Teacher
Start Date: Immediate availability
The mission of the Atlanta Speech School is to help each person develop his or her full potential through language and literacy. The School is now the nation’s most comprehensive center for language and literacy, with four schools, five clinics, summer programs and a professional development center. Each day extraordinarily dedicated and talented individuals make profound differences in the lives of the children and adults we serve here and across our state in partnership with other organizations. Please visit our website for a closer look at our work: www.atlantaspeechschool.org
The Atlanta Speech School is currently seeking applicants for Substitute Teacher. The goal of the Substitute Teacher is to assist the School in fulfilling its mission: To help each person develop his or her full potential through language and literacy by performing the following duties in a regular teacher’s absence and to provide a safe and nurturing environment for all children of the School.
- Provide interim coverage of assigned classroom responsibilities according to the permanent teacher’s plan and consistent with the mission and values of the School;
- Fulfill the permanent teacher’s responsibilities for car pool, lunch room, and other routinely assigned duties;
- Complete reports and documentation of work as assigned;
- Provide feedback to teachers, Substitute Specialist, and Program Directors regarding the covered school day(s);
- Adherence to the principles, values, norms, and professional standards and methods of the School.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university;
Teaching experience preferred;
Basic computer competency and ability to learn and utilize the AESOP system;
Available to teach with limited notice;
Strong communication and problem solving skills;
Because we serve children with hearing loss and language processing difficulties, clear and accurate English speech and language are required;
Successful completion of Blood Borne Pathogen Training, Child Abuse Reporting Training, and other training as required.
TO APPLY: Please provide a cover letter and resume
Director of Human Resources
Subject line: Substitute Teacher
Please no phone inquiries
The Atlanta Speech School, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, or disability.