The Wardlaw School is now accepting applications for the 2023-24 school year. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Thank you so much for your interest in the Wardlaw School. We encourage you to schedule a tour so that you may see for yourself how the Wardlaw School's faculty and curriculum instill the foundational skills and confidence that encourage children to embrace a lifetime of learning. Learn more about Wardlaw through this virtual tour.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our admissions process. If you are currently enrolled in another of the Speech School programs, please contact us before you complete an online inquiry or application.
Admission decisions are made on an individual basis, according to our ability to support an applicant's learning profile, as well as openings in class cohorts. Decisions are made as spaces become available for the upcoming school year.
The Admissions Process
Our application process is designed to ensure that the Wardlaw School provides the most appropriate academic program for the children that we accept. Our students, ages 5 through 12, exhibit average to superior intelligence and have been diagnosed with dyslexia and associated weaknesses.
1. Create and submit an online application (see instructions below).
2. Remit an initial non-refundable application fee of $75 online or via check directly to the Atlanta Speech School Business Office. The Wardlaw School Admissions Committee reviews all files. Families of prospective students will be contacted to schedule a screening*, during which formal and informal assessment of academic areas, oral language skills, and writing proficiency will be completed. The fee for this screening is $150.00.
3. Provide all required supporting documents, including the report of a psycho-educational evaluation conducted within the last three years. Documents may be submitted within the application, or you may submit the documentation through the Admissions office by contacting Andrea Smith.
4. Track our receipt of required documents and receive notification that your child's file is complete by logging on to the Admissions portal using your username and password.
*Please Note: invitations for this screening occur as openings for the following school year become available. Screenings may begin as early as November, but generally occur in January and February.
To begin the Online Application process, Create an Account. Then log in to your account and Create A New Student Application for your child. You will then have the flexibility to log in and out of your account and access your open application.
After submitting the application, you will be able to track online your admissions status at the school by logging in to your account. There you will be able to print the completed application.
We Look Forward to Meeting You
Wardlaw Upcoming Tour Dates:
- January 5, 2023 9:00am - 10:30am on campus (FULL)
- January 19, 2023 9:00am - 10:30am on campus
- January 26, 2023 9:00am - 10:30am on campus
Tours are held in small groups and fill up quickly. Reserve your spot below:
We appreciate your interest and hope to assist you any way we can. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at 404-233-5332.
The Atlanta Speech School does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, or national origin in providing services to the public or in employment practices. More importantly, please note that the School requests this information consistent with the commitment in our mission statement to be a resource for our community. At the Atlanta Speech School, we seek to provide services to students, clients, families, and schools that reflect the people and cultures that make up the fabric of our city. The information you supply will assist us in our efforts to meet this goal.